Art is still perceived to be esoteric and elitist and for this reason many people do not participate in art related activities. Well, Artsnapper wants to challenge this conventional thinking and for this reason it has set out to make art more accessible, enjoyable and less obscure. We want more people to enjoy art because art is very important to society and those who participate in art are extremely passionate about it. Passion is important to achieve happiness and succeed in life. So, here are some tale tell signs that art is everything for to those who love art. (Note – Do not get offended and take this too serious :P)
ART is Your LIFE
1) You are only seen at the VIP openings
2) You get really annoyed when people go to a museum and only see the “famous” paintings.
3) Every picture on your Instagram feed is a work of art or an #artselfie.
4) You only wear black because you are SO DEEP
5) You know your art history degree is worthless but you still feel superior
6) You know more than the guest lecturer or tour guide
10) You refer to masters of art by their first names
11) When someone says, I’m really into art, you want to hurl.
12) You look at art like this:
13) All of your friends are artists, curators, or gay men
14) You couldn’t possibly have a favorite artist because there are just too MANY!
15) You judge people who actually exit through the gift shop.
16) You know the best openings have FULL and OPEN bars.
17) Halloween is your opportunity to dress up as your favorite artist/artwork
18) When someone says, let’s go see a show, you tell them you’ve already been.
But you own the snobbery because art is awesommmmme